Monday, August 2, 2010

The Dancer Moves Out

Today I spent ninety minutes of activity, sweat, and a lingering bittersweet air helping the Dancer move her furniture out of her apartment. This was the home of the first potluck in September on the same day as the Hyde Park Jazz Festival, when we played Celebrities for the first time and thus kick-started an entire year of amazing guesswork and motion...culminating in the Corset Party, where the Wolverine and I failed to interpret the Princess's impersonation of Curious George, which she will rightly never let us live down. And we had game nights there, and I made mead there, and I shared a great New Year's Eve dinner with the Dancer, her mother, the Connoisseur, and his friend there...of course, I'm leaving my apartment too with its many memories, but I knew from the start it was only temporary. Her place felt like a home. Which makes me think her new place will be equally homey.

No comments:

Post a Comment