Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Columbus Dispatch

Mike and Kate are getting married this afternoon. I've only seen them in stolen moments during the last 36 hours I've been in Columbus, but they're nervous, excited, and happy...and I couldn't be happier to be here.

Because...
...I've eaten the Thurman Cafe burger (featured on "Man Versus Food"), real Ohio pizza, and two of the best ice cream concoctions in the country, and also have fully taken advantage of the "alcohol flowing like water from the shower" principle.
...I've walked a beautiful golf course and gotten lost and heard a the father of the bride close a two-thousand-dollar hay sale on the seventeenth tea
...and I spent two nights knocking back various drinks and reveling with my wonderful parents, my fantastic brother, and my incredible cousins (the girls have gotten more gorgeous than ever, but buddies of mine, they're all taken)...and my warm, loving, aunts and uncles...and met John's new girlfriend and congratulated Andrew and Beth on the pregnancy and Julie on her engagement...the next wedding next year...

I'll be writing more tomorrow. Today and tonight will mark the second time in two weeks I'll see a couple have their first matrimonial dance to "The Way You Look Tonight."

And I lined up two job interviews next week!

Life is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment