Friday, July 16, 2010

A Very Animated Object

I'm home again...for what will probably be the first of many weddings, happening tomorrow downtown. But today was passed in the company of my family. Every time I come home, things change a little. My parents look wonderful but older. Mommy is making pickles from scratch, and Marc has grown a very nice beard. And I seem to get a little more mature, despite my babyishness. Yes, they still insist on paying my way through everything, but Mommy and I had a serious talk about my immediate future before drinking wine all afternoon and watching crazy YouTube videos of movie insults (yeah...I'm no inanimate f**king object today), and tonight we watched "The Hangover" while Marc went out...and we had a huge dinner out without me causing any arguments. Dare it be that with equivalent education and a new sense of relationship and responsibility I finally understand them in a way where we can really act more as equals?

Maybe not, but the fact that we're all under the same roof and loving each other is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment